I think that boosting your metabolism aids to weight loss and energy. Here is a list of how you can boost your metabolism naturally, without doing anything crazy.
1. Never Skip Meals: you want to make sure that your blood sugar stays leveled and if you skip meals you risk lowering it, when your sugar levels drop you get immediately hungry, which can cause you to binge or make wrong food choices. Eat smaller and healthier meals more frequently.
2. Drink Water: cold water is the best option, research shows that when you drink cold water your body expends extra calories warming it up to your body temperature. Subjects who drank 16 ounces of water at a time experienced a 30 percent increase in metabolic rate during the following hour.
3. Spice it up: Hot food and spices like paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne give your metabolism a real kick. A fiery meal can make your heart beat faster and even bring you out in a sweat – both signs your body is working harder and therefore burning more energy.
4. Muscle Building: Building up muscle increases your resting metabolic rate and reduces your body fat levels. People who are really toned will have a slightly higher metabolism all the time, as women I suggest doing exercises that tone the body, like Pilates, Resistance training, Power Yoga (ashtanga, vinyasa, bikram).
5. Exercise: Cardio, Aerobics, even fast walking all improve definition and burn the fat that covers your muscles, especially belly fat. It even stays at this higher rate for three to four hours after you’ve finished your workout. I especially love Tracy Anderson, she does a combination of both Cardio and resistance.
6. Caffeine: Research shoes that drinking Green Tea and Coffee can significantly increase your metabolic rate for a period of 3 hours. Caffeine is a stimulant that affects metabolism your central nervous system. Avoid putting sugar in your coffee or green tea, sugar turns into fat. And please; stay away from sodas.
7. Get Real: Eat healthy, To maximize the calories burned through digestion and stave off hunger, get plenty of complex carbs (fruits, vegetables and beans) and eat a little protein with every meal. It doesn’t need to be meat; nuts, lowfat dairy, tofu, and beans are all good vegetarian protein sources.
8. Manage your fat intake: Unsaturated fats – consumed in moderation can boost the metabolism. This includes omega-3 fatty acids found in fish, omega-6 fatty acids found in cereal grains.
9. Sleep: If you’re tired because you haven’t slept your metabolism won’t have had the chance to recharge so it will be slower than normal. Plus your body will crave sweet foods to give it constant bursts of energy. So get a good eight-hour kip so you’re ready to start fighting the fat
10. Avoid crash dieting: Crash diets — those involving eating fewer than 1,000 calories a day — are disastrous for anyone hoping to quicken their metabolism. Although these diets may help you drop pounds (at the expense of good nutrition), a high percentage of the loss comes from muscle. The lower your muscle mass, the slower your metabolism. The final result is a body that burns far fewer calories (and gains weight faster) than the one you had before the diet.
* This is research I did, I am not a physician or a dietician. I love figuring out the ways to make a women’s body healthier and sexier.